No announcement yet.

Performance thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am an experienced programmer, and I definately have working javascript higher up the page.
    I have used a bit of JS higher up to take the contents of a fragment, split the lines up, and generate a css-styled complex table
    some of my example JS code that I've used higher up the page is:
    Code:
    var aHTMLComments = sTextArea.split(re);
    document.write("<table class='techTable'>");
    var re1 = "\&\#95\;"
    var re2 = "\&\#124\;"
    var wrds = aHTMLComments[0];
    I've placed the following code at the bottom of the page
    Code:
    <a rel="fragment" href="mypage.inc">Alternate text</a> 	
    </body>
    </html>
    and all it generates is the normal underlined link to the mypage.inc

higher up the page, I already have
    Code:
       <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="actiniccore.js"></script>

Comment

Hi Kevin - are you looking at this in preview or online. It only does its stuff once the page is running on the website.

Comment

ah...
        you never said that bit !

I realise that the JS code only works when I preview the page and not in the "preview pane" within the design area of actinic so I'm now wondering why the included code would not work when I preview in IE6 or firefox and ONLY when I generate to the web.

whats the MINIMUM installation requirements of an in-house webserver? and can I ammend the config files to generate TEST-MODE to the in-house server and the LIVE-MODE to generate to the main website. _ I'd have the best of both worlds then, fast uploads to play with in test mode

Comment

I've got XAMPP installed on my PC which handles Actinic well. You don't have to install the MySQL bits if you don't need to.

Otherwise, the Advanced User Guide tells you where you can download the bits to do your own web server for testing.

Comment

what about the TEST-mode and LIVE-mode issue ?

we clearly don't want joe public access in-house servers, that why we pay hosting companies to take those responsibilities

Comment

we use Server Side Includes, simply because javascript is worth absolutely nothing to us in the search engines.

SSI renders the content in the page and flat html. Javascript is not visible by the search engine and is useless.

i'd forget javascript for any sort of functional navigation.

Comment

No need to explain advantages of SSI for the current issue. But obviously majority of our users don't have control over the web server. AJAX is the most convinient way for them I guess.
                Zoltan
                Actinic Software
                www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X