Editing Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Lists

I'm trying to add a content list which will expand as sections are added. I dont want to use a table, I just want to add the following inside a menu div which I created in Dreamweaver:

<ul>
    <li></li>
    <li></li>
    <li></li>
    <li></li>
    </ul>

The problem is that not all of my menu items end up with<li> tags, usually the first 4 do then the rest are just ordinary hyperlinks. I've tried adding the tags to the first, middle and last items - I've tried specifying 'dynamic' - but nothing seems to produce the simple effect I'm after. How do we setup the rows in a variable list so that every item will take on the <li> tags?
    Thanks
    Paul

In Actinic, choose any existing list and right click, New Layout and give it your new list name.

Double click the new layout name or right click and select edit.

On the overall layout tab
    Beginning of list <ul>
    End of list </ul>

Edit rows and columns tab
    First row empty
    Middle row first column 1, (second column)before row <li>, (last column)after row </li>
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks yet again Bill, the menu is working well now. The only issue I've found is that Actinic seems to put in an extra closing </ul> tag, I followed your directions so I think it may actually be a bug.
      Cheers
      Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I've just followed Bill's instructions and didn't get the extra </ul> tag so I don't think it is a bug. Can you check if you've left in a </ul> tag from your previous code.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X