Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alphabetical products A-Z

hi

at the top of my page there is a quick-find bar if you like, and one of the features is a set of hyperlinks from A-Z (i.e. A B C D E ...)

is there any way is can have each link return a list of all the products that begin with that letter?

thanks

EDIT: before someone posts one of the many "use the search feature" posts, i have had a good luck around and the things i have read are not quite what i'm looking for, i just need it to run some sort of on-the-fly search function to return which items begin with that letter... obviously if it was mysql or something it would be doable in seconds but i'm not sure with this setup...

Si.

As you rightly say if it used a dynamic database you would be laughing, as it is you are going to either need to create sections for each of the 26 letter or against your desire use the search feature. There may be a way to use PHP to fill the search string and then used to return with simply the first letter of the product to provide a full list of all "A's" for example

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

so would anyone happen to know a technique to use the search funciton to return these products starting with specific letters?

Comment

The result will be static for each upload, so perhaps you can link each letter to an html page of the same name and use the php processor in Actinic to build those letter page files as you upload.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X