X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LINK] function

Hmm

I've done everything as described in the User guide but all I get is:

A complementary food given as an occasional treat.
    Suitable for dogs and cats.
    [LINK]

Check out the screenshots as they describe it better:

Mike
    Attached Files
    Boy, this is a big learning curve.....and YES I've got my crampons on!
    www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk

Originally posted by mike_howles
    Hmm

I've done everything as described in the User guide but all I get is:

A complementary food given as an occasional treat.
    Suitable for dogs and cats.
    [LINK]

Check out the screenshots as they describe it better:

Mike
    bug? ninjas?

Comment

I see that you've got !!< and >!! tags in your Short Description. If you've also got these in your Full Description that may break the [LINK] functionality.

PS HTML in the Short Description may have undesired effects in the Cart, Order and Customer Emails.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've used this in exactly the way you have without issue.

Does this happen in all uses of [LINK] on any product? If so I would contact support.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          I see that you've got !!< and >!! tags in your Short Description. If you've also got these in your Full Description that may break the [LINK] functionality.

PS HTML in the Short Description may have undesired effects in the Cart, Order and Customer Emails.
          Norman

The HTML in the Short description allows the product codes to appear in the emails and the Data Entry Documents without them appearing in the shop.

There are no !!<>!! tags in the Full Description.

Mike

Comment

Ok, I've tried with all !!<>!! tags removed in another product and the [LINK] function still does not work.

Mike

Comment

The link failing was an issue in early versions of V8 - have you downloaded 8.5 ie the latest from the Actinic website.

Comment

The HTML in the Short description allows the product codes to appear in the emails and the Data Entry Documents without them appearing in the shop.
                If you're setting text to the same colour as the page background, watch out for Search Engines penalising you for this.

The SEO experts on the Forum will know more.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                  The link failing was an issue in early versions of V8 - have you downloaded 8.5 ie the latest from the Actinic website.

Malcolm

I'm still using V 8.0.0.0.0 GIKA

I have been reluctant to upgrade after reading of the problems other folk have had with upgrades.

Any views on this? I really don't want to have any grief with the Webshop right now.

If anyone can guarantee that an upgrade to 8.5 will cause me no grief then I'll do it!!

Norman, I'm only hiding the product code as we have different weights for each product that have different codes but I can't be putting each weight of each variety as a separate product as it would make the site very unfriendly.

Do you have any other ways that I can hide it?

The text is something like:
                  Burns Kelties 325g!!<<span style='color: #ffffcc;'>>!! Ref: 16!!<</span>>!!
                  Any other way I can hide the Ref: 16 from the webshop with it still being visible on the Data Entry Form and emails confirmations? I am using the span element with a CSS style rather than the <font> element.

Mike

Comment

I'm still using V 8.0.0.0.0 GIKA
                    This is the cause of your problem! - I found the bug as soon as V8 was released and it was sorted in one of the earlier updates. You really should update as you are trying to work through all the problems that were solved last year!!!

I have upgraded over 40 sites to 8.5 now and appart from some early problems which were all related to extrenal designs they are all working well - so my advice is to upgrade ASP.

Comment

Malcolm

Ok, Ok, I'll do it....

Bearing in mind that I am the IT Admin here, I really don't spend a lot of time administering the webshop barring changes. So I don't want to be hassled with upgrade problems!!

I'll take a snapshot, upgrade and import.

Or, should I do a test install of 8.5 on a development machine first with an import from my current snapshot?

I may go for the second option I think.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X