Registering Dreamweaver Designs issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering Dreamweaver Designs issue

Recently I have noticed an issue when registering DW designs for Actinic. If I am building a site and am using lots of different custom templates (eg different templates for different sections), instead of registering a design for all sections and then having to go and reset every section layout, I found that I could register a new design for the sitemap page or login page and then just go into Actinic and select that design for the appropriate section.

That all used to work fine but recently I have noticed when I do this it changes the design/layout for all sections. It was doing this before and after I upgraded to V8.5

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Are you making the change in Design | Themes - Advanced Theme Configuration - Advanced Page Configuration, against a specific page name? Or somewhere else?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I create a design in Dreamweaver and register it for all page types. Then I create a new design in Dreamweaver, register it for sitemap or login page, locate the section in Actinic I want to use that design for, and select that layout from Section Details | Layout | Overall Page Layout.

Comment

Hi Rob

The list of page types when you register the design is a bit misleading. When you register a design for a particular page type, all you can really actually do is add the layout into a particular specific outer layout selector. These are the selectors in the 'Page Layouts' tab of the advanced themes configuration window.

All sections, the search pages, the terms page and the sitemap page all use the same 'Overall Page Layout' option - hence when you register a page just for the site map, it affects sections.

The login page uses a separate layout selector, so you should be able to register to this page without affecting all your sections.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. I'll try using just the login page in future. I think that's probably what I used previously and assumed the sitemap page would behave the same way.

The other option I guess is to create a number of layouts early on in the build and register those with Actinic, then just update the design of them as and when I need to.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X