Legacy Dreamweaver Design Lingering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legacy Dreamweaver Design Lingering

I had a few external dreamweaver designs registered for a site, while i was having a play and now i do not want any of them. I managed to delete all but one of them from the library, however the last one does not give me the option to delete it (right click menu in the outer layout section).

This design is not being used for any layout and i have deleted it from within dreamweaver. When i snapshot it gives me a warning that the file does not exist. It's not a show stopper, but annoying as there is no need for actinic to be even looking at this layout.

Anyone had a similar issue or am I being blonde?

Lee,

I had this problem once and I seem to remember it was because I still had it referenced in a layout selector. It's a pain to check but have you made sure it is not referenced in any of the 'Values' inside a selector?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Maybe worth querying the database to see if that sheds any light on where it is being kept (tip - the last place you think of looking usually)

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Dave, but they have no reference to it, i have checked them already.

Comment

Can't see anything in the database either. I applied the external design and then a few days later i re-applied a standard actinic theme. There is nothing complex on this site at all. If there is some legacy reference hidden somewhere, than Actinic will have added it, so therefore should be removing it when the theme is changed. If i could delete the bloody thing, it would probably bring up an error message with more help, the warning given at present is useless and no help.

This message didn't crop up b4 8.5 and no work has been done on the site for 2 weeks, so it genuinely isn't something i've messed with.

Errors
          (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456)

Comment

Lee,

Long shot, but could you check in 'Design | Themes | Advanced Theme Configuration | Page Layouts | Advanced Page Configuration' if anything in there is referencing the DW design there.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Nothing in that area.

Cheers

Lee

PS - Glad it has you puzzled also, i thought i was going mad until Jo mentioned the same problem earlier today.

Comment

Jonts reply in my thread did point to where the ext design was being referenced from.

But I have had to revert to 8.04 to the problem has temporarily gone away.

Comment

Working...
                X