Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product References have Disappeared..

Hi,

The product references which were previously showing against all of my products have suddenly disappeared, despite the fact that they are showing within the product details window.

In Settings|Business Settings|Options|Product References

I have 'Show Product References When Editing Catalog' ticked. These are my own product references and not auto-generated.

I have searched the forum, knowledge base and AUG and can't seem to find the answer. Can anybody help please?

Thanks,
    Jules

Hi Julie,

Is this for the same site that you sent me the snapshot for? If so, then it is because you text is set to white and it is on a white background. Go into 'Design | Themes | Advanced Theme Configuration | Colour Scheme' and change the 'Text' colour to something other than white.

I have 'Show Product References When Editing Catalog' ticked.
    This is only to have your product references showing against the products in the content tree.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Yes, it is the same site. I've changed the colour now and the references are showing in both the content tree and in the online preview. Although, it only seems to show the word 'Ref:' before the product reference in the online preview if I include brackets in the 'Reference' box in 'Product Details'. Why is this?

It also seems to have added an additional 'Add to Cart' button.

Thanks for your help.
      Jules

Comment

Hi Julie,

Although, it only seems to show the word 'Ref:' before the product reference in the online preview if I include brackets in the 'Reference' box in 'Product Details'. Why is this?
        Is this on all products or just one in particular. If I put brackets around the product reference number, eg: (BB1SLR) then it shows in the preview as:

Ref: (BB1SLR)

It also seems to have added an additional 'Add to Cart' button.
        Again, for any particular product as I can only see one add to cart button per product?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

It's on all products.

I'm not sure I explained it correctly the first time. I want the product references to show after the product like this:

Ref: BB1SLR

If I don't include brackets in the 'Product Details' window, then it will only show like this:

BB1SLR

without 'Ref:' before it.

Ideally, I would like it to show as, Ref: BB1SLR without the brackets, but I can't seem to get it to work.

The Add to Cart Button was showing on all products. However, I've just previewed again and now I have one Add to Cart Button as its supposed to be but the price on some products has disappeared too. Some products display as:

Price: £1.26 (this is how I want it to look)

and others just show

£1.26

Jules

Comment

Hi Julie,

With your snapshot I can see all the product references and prices as you describe how you want them to be. If I enter brackets in the product reference field in the details then the brackets appear around them (see attached image).

Do you get the same problem if you do a full offline preview (Web | Offline Preview)?
            Attached Files
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Yes, I do get the same problem if I do the Web | Offline Preview.

My references show the reference number only without 'Ref:' before it.

Prices also show differently. One with 'Price:' before it and then another with just the actual price.
              Jules

Comment

Hi Julie,

That's really wierd as it is all fine here. Have you made any more changes since I got the snapshot? Do you want to send me another one so I can have a look at it?
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I'll send you a snapshot.

Thanks,
                  Jules

Comment

Hi Julie,

I've compared your product layout (CSS Product Layout) with a default one and the default one actually has :

Ref: ProductReference

Yours only has:

ProductReference

So on Line 25 you need to enter:

Ref:
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey,

That's done the trick! Just one more question. What is the best way to ensure that the Product Reference shows on the line below the title of the product?

e.g.

Large Red Gift Box
                      Ref: GBKRD

Rather than:

Large Red Gift Box Ref: GBKRD

On some products it is appearing on the line below the title and on others it is appearing on the same line as the title.

Many thanks for your help.
                      Jules

Comment

Hi Julie,

At the end of line 21 in your product layout add:

<br/>

This is the html for a line break.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey.
                          Jules