This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right off to pick up some more tips from our glorious Actinic experts
    Us glorious Actinic experts are becoming very P****D off with people on the forum at the moment - you are correct there is lots of very valuable information which has been given freely over many years but since the end of last year people have been coming on the forum and demanding help. We are not some sort of reference software that will continually keep helping and insulting one of the most respected members who has helped hundreds of Actinic users over the years will not help.

Up until Jan this year I have never blocked any members but now my list is growing and I suspect others lists are too. I dont have any problems with other designers using Actinic but there is a better way of joining a forum than has been common of late - designers such as Lee and Los for example joined recently but they support the forum and give more than they take which is the way it should be ie designers helping the DIY builders and designers discussing the more complex aspects of the software in order to improve it.

What is happening though is designers who cannot be bothered to learn the software or pay to go on the Actinic design course are expecting basic help from other designers who have spent thousands of hours learning its ins and outs. I paid to go on the design course, I spent hundreds of hours learning and I too get paid to build sites so I take offence when I and others are insulted because we do not provide the answers to basic questions or come over as being a little off when if the poster had done a search or looked in the AUG before posting then they would have found the answer.

So another post by the nasty Northerner who is now being less helpfull.

Have a nice day - and go on the Actinic Design Course

Comment

Hi Guys

Can I ask for this particular topic of discussion to draw to a close.

I really want this Community to be a helpful and supportive place, and all the regular contributors have done a marvellous job of providing an incredible amount of support to new customers over the last few years.

However, any forum (like everything else in life) is frustrating and rewarding in equal measures - both for those asking the questions, and those providing assistance. It's a shame when those frustrations end up getting aired publicly on the forum - when really this should be a place focussed on helping each other out.

Actinic Support are on hand to sweep up any questions that go unanswered for a couple of days, so if there are any questions on therethat you don't want to answer, please don't feel under any obligation to provide answers - there are people on hand to answer them.

If anyone wants to add any further comments on the running or operation of the forum, please feel free to email me directly at cdicken /at/ actinic /dot/ co /dot/ uk.

Comment

Working...
      X