Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import V7 to new Computer with V8

Hi Folks,

I have just upgraded to V8 multi site from V7 catalog (bank manager won't be too happy though) . I installed the V8 onto a new computer and have tried to SNAPSHOT the V7 over to it but have received a FATAL ERROR, so it won't let me do it.

When I try to import I have been receiving a message on the V8 saying :

"the imported site was created by an older version of Actinic () than this version (8.5.......)
    Actinic can only import a site created by V6 and later version"

Which of course I don't understand because the Export is from V7.

ANY IDEAS WHAT TO TRY NEXT ???

I'd contact support, you get 30 days support with a new product. Sounds like a strange one, they might need to take a closer look.

Comment

I had this message with an 8.0.4 upgrade. The snapshot import error showed a version number starting with 0. It turned out the snapshot copy was corrupt. I copied the same snapshot for a second time and tried again.

Second time through it was correctly recognised and upgraded.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Colin,

Do let us know if Bill's suggestion worked, else you should call support Monday morning.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

I have tried re-doing a snapshot export on several occasions and still the same message.

I am using a memory stick to transfer the snapshot, so hopefully it is that which is causing the problem. I will try with a crossover cable to see if that does it.

Will let you know if that works when I get hold of the crossover lead.

Comment

Have now burned the V7 data onto CD , loaded onto the desktop of the new computer and imported into V8 .... It worked fine ...

Although it did seem to stall halfway through, and when it updated there was alot of items missing ie. background , text colours etc... So I did another import and although it stalled again with NOT RESPONDING, I left it about 5 mins and it kicked in with the import.

All my data, images, background and colours are now in V8 ... will have to find an 11 year old wizz to work out how all the new things work .

Cheers folks !!

Comment

Working...
            X