Inserting bullet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting bullet.

I need to add a bullet list to my product.

I know the bullet code is • but how can I use it. I'm sure i've seen somewhere that this stuff needs putting between some html tags, but have searched everywhere and can't find it.

Thanks

You can do this several ways - the direct approach in the product description is:

!!<<ul>
    <li>line 1</li>
    <li>line 2</li>
    </ul>>!!

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Or you can use a php approach:

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...29&postcount=7

Comment

.. not forgetting CSS

Bikster

Comment

I'm not really up on pure css. I bought Teach yourself css in 24 hours, which makes sense when you're reading it. However the application is a little more tricky. I can get by with a bit of padding, margins and a bit of menu styling etc. But I was trying to do a 3 column layout with header and footer in css (without html hacks) which was working perfectly in all relatively modern browsers until IE7 came out. Then my negative margin left column disappeared off the screen, so I gave up and went back to a basic framwork of tables!

How would you do it with css? Presumably you would still need the <li> bits?

Comment

No need for the list if you want to use the bullet inline. You would basically <span> tag the word to be bulleted with a class, the CSS would insert a padding-left (or margins depending on what you are doing) and the bullet could come from a small GIF image or you can insert using :before as a pseudo-class .. the :before is not favoured as will kill IE.

Bikster

Comment

Thanks guys ... plenty of options there!

Comment

Working...
              X