Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passing products ordered to TradeDoubler script with V8.5

Hi,
    I have managed to get Actinic to pass the product name, reference, price and Qty for each item ordered to a tradedoubler script on the receipt page, using a modified OrderScript.pl provided by Bruce @ Actinic, see the following thread (had to upgrade from version 6 > 8 to get it to work):
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=21216

But I now also need to get hold of the information in the ‘Full Description’ and ‘Extended Information’ boxes, I believe I need to use the following variables:
    INFOTEXT
    PRODUCTDESCRIPTION

I need the above two variables because we use the ‘Full description’ box to hold the manufacturers part and the ‘Extended Information’ to hold our own internal part number and I need to pass this information through to Tradedoubler as well.

Can anybody help me out in getting these two variables in to the receipt page?

Thanks

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Peter,

I don't think this is possible especially the Extended info description, cant you store your part number in a User Defined Variable? That way you may be able to pass it to the script using javascript.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Yes I could store it in a User Defined Variable, if that's the only way I can get it to work.

Any pointers on how to make it work with a User Defined Variable ?

Peter

Comment

You could create a new variable and select it's place of setting as 'Product', you can then enter the part numbers against the property and then reference the property in your code and it will pull across its value. The variable would appear in code as follows <actinic:variable name="NewProperty" />

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hello there

I have a very similar issue, but with a different affiliate network. I need to pass the product price, product name and product code for all the items in the shopping basket. The output string needs to look like this:

items= 9.99 :: productname01 :: productcode01 | 19.99 :: productname02 :: productcode02

I didn't really understand all the technicalities mentioned earlier in the thread. Can anybody please help me to accomplish this? I am working with version 8 of Actinic.
          Many thanks

Comment

James,

Please take a look on the thread mentioned on the first post, that thread has a modified script and the instructions on how to pass the values you need to your affiliate. You can also read the Advanced users Guide, page 91, the topic is 'Supporting an Affiliate Program with Actinic Ecommerce'.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I now appear to have it working.

I setup two variables under Product, one called MPN and the other PBpart and then referenced them in the modified OrderScript.pl as:
              $$pProduct{CUSTOMVARS}{MPN}
              $$pProduct{CUSTOMVARS}{PBpart}

This then pulls them through when I call GetAffiliateData.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Thanks for posting back.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

I got round this using javascript and cookies

Because I didn't want to edit the perl for a client that I might not be supporting at the time of the next upgrade I decided to use javascript, cookies and an onClick event on the add to cart button.

Neither javascript or perl editing seem particulary elegant solutions mind you.

Therefore a feature request for new versions. If we check upload on a custom variable, can the variable be made available to cart and receipt Layouts in the normal way to avoid having to edit the perl?
                  Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Working...
                  X