Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i fix: System error 2 (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i fix: System error 2 (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456)

hi. can someone tell me where i go to put these right??

(File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file D:\Programs\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\mail1.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file D:\Programs\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\cart1.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

Dropped v6 database in v8 so i guess may be referencing old gifs, would like to change to new v8 gifs.
    Suppose i could rename all the pics in site 1 but would like to retain as much original settings in v8 as possible to start. thanks

Either put the file actinic is looking for in the place it's looking or change the reference to point to the correct location.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
      Either put the file actinic is looking for in the place it's looking or change the reference to point to the correct location.

Mike
      hi. thats what i was asking, "where i would go to change the reference to point to the correct location??" thanks

Comment

One simple way might be to make a couple of images (large and bold things that stand out) and place them in that location with the same name, then browse around the site and look where the image is used.

Comment

Ricco,

You should still see the images in the v8 'Site1' folder, just that the names of the images have changed from v6 to v8, the ones you are looking for are ..

cart1.gif --- button_viewcart.gif
          mail1.gif --- button_contact.gif

You will find all the images in the 'Site1' folder, should you need any more. If you cannot find them there then you can get them from 'D:\Programs\Actinic v8\Formats\ButtonSets', look within the folder for the theme you are on.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

What exactly does this message mean??
            Originally posted by RiccoPlatinum
            (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 456) - The file D:\Programs\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\mail1.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
            The reason i ask is that i want to CORRECT WHAT IS REFERENCING OLD GIFS (have 26 of the same error).
            i didnt site import, just dropped mdb file in to site folder so didnt carry excess baggage (act_primary, etc) and to keep as much original v8 as possible.

i DONT want to find the old gifs or the any pictures.
            i want to find and CORRECT WHAT IS REFERENCING them.
            eg - where would i go to change mail1.gif to button_contact.gif
            (ie - what is looking for it and coming up with the error code)..
            does anyone get what i actually mean??

thanks for all your help so far guys. .

Comment

Ricco,

This is done in the design tab. In the preview pane, click on where it shows you the 'Contact Us' navigation Icon, in the layout code below you should see some code and the image names being referenced. If that too does not help then I would suggest raising a support ticket as we may need to take a look at a snapshot.

I tested this locally, put a v6.1.5 database into an 8.0.4 site ( with Actinic closed ) then reopened Actinic, database upgraded etc and I did a thorough check, the site had the v6 products but the v8 basic settings and uploaded without any problems.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X