Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkbox problem.....

Hi all.

My first post here, although I've been lurking around the forum for a while. I must say, this is a great community and it's nice to see how everyone helps each other. I hope I'll be able to contribute in time to come.

I've had Actinic for a little while now and am quickly getting to grips with it. One thing that's really doing my head in is checkboxes!!!

I've tried following the instructions that leehack posted in a previous thread but can't seem to get the price to show. The products are all visible and I've ticked the Use Associated Product Prices box aswell. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I've also tried setting up checkboxes as a permutation - copy of the radio button. When I do this, the price shows but the checkbox is ticked. How can I display it so that it's not ticked. I'm sure it's something obvious and staring me in the face, but having looked at this problem for so long I just can't seem to crack it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Those prices you see are inlcuded manually into the "HTML Name" field, they are not included automatically by Actinic.

The "Is Optional" field is probably your other problem.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Leehack. Hard-coding the price into the html name field is a big no-no. I've got hundreds of products - any price increase is going to mean one heck of an amendment.

Guess I'm going to have to pursue the second option - anyone got any ideas how I can set the checkbox to unchecked as default please?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Have you confirmed it is not the "is optional" field?

Comment

Yes I have. If that is set on then I get another checkbox showing up

Comment

can you provide a screenshot(s) of what you have setup, its much easier to relate to then.

Comment

ok will do. I'm not at my pc which has actinic on. Will do it when I get home tonight.

Comment

Ok... I have a snapshot of my problem.
                The following options are in place:

"Is optional" unchecked;

Componenet Layout = Permutations as checkbox

Code for Permutations as checkbox is a copy of Permutations as Radio Buttons with the exception that input type=checkbox rather than radio.

I think the reason why it's setting it to default checked is because of this bit of coding <input type="checkbox" checked="checked" name="<actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute IDs" />"

I've tried setting the checked field to "unchecked" "0" "false" " " but none of these seem to make any difference

Any ideas please?
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

If you remove the 'checked="checked"' bit then nothing is automatically checked. I've tested this on a default site and it works.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your suggestion. It worked a treat!!!

Also, if anyone has any ideas how I can right-justify the display of the checkbox I'd be really grateful. I've tried setting valign=right but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Comment

valign is for Vertical alignment - so right is pretty meaningless there, but if you knock the v off, then align="right" should work.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Worked perfectly - thanks Bill.

Comment

Working...
                        X