Not receiving emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not receiving emails

I'm just testing our first website for a client and although it is processing orders in demo mode (using 1111222233334444 for cc number) we are not getting an email to say an order has been placed. Also, we dont get an email as the customer confirming purchase details. In business settings we've checked the 2 email boxes, any ideas why it's not working?
    Cheers
    Paul

Are you sure your SMTP settings are right for the mail server?

I had the wrong login for mine when i had that problem

Web > Network settings
    Genuine Ford Parts and Accessories http://www.ford-shop.com
    Genuine Citroen Parts and Accessories http://www.citroen-shop.net
    EEZZEEBAK Posture & Lumbar Support http://www.eezzeebak.co.uk

Comment

Can you post which host you are using as someone may be using them and let them know their settings. The old failsafe of using "localhost" as the SMTP server is also worth a try.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I checked the smtp settings and they were indeed wrong. I've corrected this and received a test email auto-generated by the software saying that email & smtp info was correct. We did another test sale but there's still no email saying that we have an order, nor is it sending out a customer email.

Comment

This is usually a consequence of the email server wanting authentication before sending emails 'externally'.

Things to try are:

1. Just use 'localhost' as the smtp server address and leave the other settings blank.

or

2. Make sure that smtp authentication is on and that the username and password are correct.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ok, I reset smtp to localhost and now I'm getting the customer email reciept, but not the email to the merchant indicating a purchase has been made. I've checked the box ' send me an email when I have an order to download' - is there another setting somewhere which I've missed?

Comment

Silly question perhaps, have you confirmed that the email address in the settings is correct? You include the copy receipt one yourself manually, whereas the other address is taken from business settings i believe.

Comment

You will also find actinic will only send you an email when you have a new order, if you have one sitting on the server and it thinks it has sent one which it probably did when you placed orders before you changed your settings

Suggest you
                Download all orders, then place another order and check if it is sending an emails now

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Yes, the email is correct in business settings and I've created new demo orders since. I get 2 copies of the customer email (set to receive a copy) but still no merchant purchase confirmation. I think I may have to speak to Actinic about this one.

Comment

I've created new demo orders since
                    I take it you mean since you last downloaded the other test orders?

Comment

I made a couple more demo purchases after changing the email settings. These haven't been downloaded via Actinic yet. Clearly the email settings are ok now as we're getting the customer confirmation., but there has been no merchant order email issued by the software.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberstudios
                        I made a couple more demo purchases after changing the email settings. These haven't been downloaded via Actinic yet.
                        The missing email is "new order received" ... as pointed out several posts above you need to download the order, create a new order and then you will (should) get the new order received email. Creating more and more orders can not possible trigger the new order received email - this is "since you last downloaded" and not upon each order placed.

HTH

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ah, I hadn't realise it was triggered by only the first order since the last download. It's working fine, thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                          X