X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot Import Problem

Business Multi Site
    Version: 8.5 HBEA

Took a snapshot home, and did loads of work on adding to the Product Related Products Lists for about half my products.

Exported a snapshot to disk and tried to import the snapshot onto the pc at work this morning and none of the changes/additions I made, imported to my copy at work.

I appreciate I could probably just import the whole site folder from the home pc but this would really defeat the object of a snapshot, wouldn't it?

I have attempted import now three times this morning but no good.

Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Sorry I don't know the answer why, but if the site has already been created on both PCs then I always just copy the complete Site folder and overwrite all and have never had a problem.

Comment

I'not trying to be funny but is Related Products enabled on both machines?

Comment

John: Good point - but both are checked.

Duncan: I think this is going to be the best way with a copy of the whole site folder. I'd just prefer a snapshot, as if this V8.5 site grows like one of my other sites, where the snapshot alone is nearly 70mb, it could become inconvenient.

Comment

Was it a full snapshot or the partial snapshot option you get in Multisite? The full snapshot should pick everything up - including the database.

Worryingly if this is the case it could mean your daily backups are useless if they are not picking up the changes.... may be worth doing a full site copy to CD before you go any further.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I'm presuming it was the full snapshot

I went down the route of;

File > Snapshot > Export Site

Comment

Yep - that's the full snapshot

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would do a double check that you are importing the updated snapshot and not the original as I find it hard to understand how a snapshot can go that wrong

Comment

I only ever have one snapshop per disk as a daily back-up routine so i've definately got the correct snapshot.

I'll take another snapshot this evening and try and import it tomorrow.

Comment

No success in attempting to import a new snapshot this morning taken from home pc.

But I now get the problem as the opening post here;
                    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=Line+1637

I have deleted all of my V8.5 trial sites from the work's pc version of actinic and just leaving the site that I had the import problem with.

Re-started actinic and did the following to test;

Imported snapshot - all imported ok, no errors
                    Exported snapshot
                    Re-imported snapshot - all imported ok again, no errors

So everything would now appear back to normal, whatever normal is/was.

Don't know if this will help anyone but at least if you have a similar error you can take a calmer approach than I have been since the early hours of this morning!

Comment

Working...
                    X