Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section, Product, and Extended Information Layout

Hi,

Im just starting to build my site, but im not happy with the way products are displayed, is there any way products can be viewied in this way: Click on a catagory or sub catagory, and instead of showing complete product overview with all options, choices and price in a long format, can you just have a brief overview with an add to cart button, and a more info link which opens the complete overview with all options etc, but i dont want this in a pop up, it needs to appear in the same window with the site frame still present, not just go to a blank page.

For example see this section in HMV's site

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate...eft_albums_pop

Any help would be great
    Thanks

You are describing a standard one product per page layout using cut down duplicates in the parent page.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Like this http://www.the-old-smokehouse.co.uk/...lmon_tuna.html If you do a search there are some very long threads on the subject

Comment

There's an excellent piece on this in the Advanced Users Guide, currently on Page 19 "Creating a Listing Page which Links Through to Full Details Page" which works very nicely. I've just done exactly the same thing for a store I'm building following the details.

Although I would agree the Actinic default method seems a bit dumb for shops with loads of products, where you just want a page of products and link through to full descriptions. I'm sure there's a good reason behind it somewhere...

Tim

Comment

Thanks guys,

That food site is pretty spot on, one other thing though, i want to add options for selecting other items to buy, (eg: buy a camera, and an option to add batteries, and a tripod) but only want these options to appear in the extended info page not the brief description.. is this possible?

Thanks

Comment

extended info page not the brief description.. is this possible
            I dont use extended info pages as described in the AUG but what you want is possible as done here http://www.sandersondixon.co.uk/acat...i_Tea_Set.html

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that, but what i actually wanted to achieve was, being able to actually add products to the cart from the full description page, not refer the customer to a product that might interest them. ie: buying a camera. then an option to add some batteries for an extra £2.50 etc.. i know actinic can do this, but i only want it shown in the full description page not the shortened product overview.

Thanks

Comment

Components are made for this very purpose .. add additional components to the main product eg for a camera set up a component with choices such as film, batteries, strap, tripod etc. These can be linked to actual products so maintaining the pricing structure is a cinch. Check out the sample sections that open with the default Actinic install for examples on how these work.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

being able to actually add products to the cart from the full description page
                  As jont says this is easy to do and is well covered in the Getting Started Guide - it always pays to read the manual

Comment

Extended Info Pages

Hi,

I am new to the software and so sorry if this is very obvious!

I have achieved the extended info into a full details page as described on page 14 AUG - I want to achieve this on every page of my site - do I really have to follow this process with every page of my site? Ideally is there one location where this information can be changed and the rest of the pages follow?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Lucy

Comment

sorry all... have fiddled around & have found it has actually applied the changes, but only to new products, not existing ones!

Comment

Working...
                      X