Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation bars shifting when in brochure section!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation bars shifting when in brochure section!

Hello everyone, always been scouring these pages since first using actinic 7 many moons ago, been on the courses and considered designing the t-shirts but now i need to ask a question (which will be completely dumb i presume )

Creating a site based on the V.8 'Retail' theme and so far everything is going swimmingly apart from the left hand navigation bars having a slightly different justification ONLY when in one part of the site.

I've checked the really obvious, to me, causes like cellspacing and the like but cannot uncover anything untoward lurking in there.

The way i have set up the site means you go from the homepage into a brochure page via the left navigation icon, then from the fragment in there to the actual products.. It's when you are in the fragments section the good old navigation bar (and subsequent search and cart box) hops about 25 pixels into the centre and has huge spacing of around 30 pixels around it.. as i said, i've checked them all, clicking in and out of the individual pieces and checking the code.. driving me crackers!

Problem being i'm currently running an online store (about a year old) so i cannot upload it as a way of demonstrating.. unless putting the test url up here is of use.

Should i bin the thing, have a can or ten and put the xbox on? Great solution for me but i think my boss would be expecting a new site coming his way soon!

It's practically impossible to picture how you have things setup and also what is causing the problem without a url. If you have the test site uploaded then provide the url to it as this will help tenfold. If you have confirmed that the outer layouts are identical, i woudl expect it to be something in the main area causing the problem, not the navigation itself - that's just a blind mans guess though.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      It's practically impossible to picture how you have things setup and also what is causing the problem without a url. If you have the test site uploaded then provide the url to it as this will help tenfold. If you have confirmed that the outer layouts are identical, i woudl expect it to be something in the main area causing the problem, not the navigation itself - that's just a blind mans guess though.
      Cheers, sorry i basically posted on here at close of play last night, got the site uploaded in test mode

http://www.justsport-group.com/avec/...est/index.html

Take no notice of the 'left theme bar' and the design of the navigation buttons, they are going to be the last things to go into place once i'm happy with everything else.

The Navigation icon which takes you into the problem area is the "more" icon.

I could probably get by without fixing the problem but it's a matter of professionalism

Comment

It looks to me that the problem is with the width of the main area, dependent on how much room that takes, sets what room the sidebar has.

Comment

Cracked it!!!

Something hideously simplistic as just setting the column count for the brochure fragments to '2' instead of one..

Cheers for your help, was convinced it was going to be something ridiculoust 'techy' and way above my head

Comment

Working...
          X