Dependent choices/prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dependent choices/prices

I have been trying to sort this out myself, but failing so far....

I need to set up the following arrangement;

product comes in three finishes (which effect price) and each of the three finishes comes in a different range of colours (which do not effect price). Plus there is quantity dependent pricing.

I was hoping that I could use two attributes (finish and colour) under on component (type) and use the permutations tab to show which colours are valid for each finish - trouble is it still shows all the colours as options and only highlights a problem on adding to basket.

Is there a way - am I going about entirely wrong - I'm a relative newbie so quite likely!

Thanks in advance for any advice

I think what you are wanting to do is as follows:

Add a Component to the Product and call it the first of the Finish options (say Polished) then tick the box to make it Optional - under this add the colour options as Attributes (say Red, Green, Blue).

Now add another Component under the Product and call it the second of the Finishes (say Matt) then tick the box to make it Optional and add attributes for the colours available.

Do the above for as many finishes as there are available with all the Colour options relevant to the Finishes.

This will result in a check box for each finish with the colour options after it in a drop down.

Now - Set the price for the base item as 0 and the pricing model as Sum of Component Prices. Now set the Price for each Component as needed and under Permutations set it to Any Choice and set Pricing to Override and make sure the price for that Finish is correct.

Now a customer can choose which Finish they want and the relevant Colour in the drop down for that Finish. They can also tick more than one finish and so add one of each finish to their cart in one go if they wish - these will show in one order line with the relevant options listed below and the total price for all the items added together for that order line.

The only issues with this method are that a customer can click add to cart without ticking any options and it will add a 0 value item to their cart - but any customer doing this will probably notice their mistake immediately - and so will you! Also, the prices are not automaticall shown so you need to add these to the description. Just make sure the last line of the description reads something like "Please choose a Finish and Colour Below: Finish 1 - £5.00, Finish 2 - £10.00 etc", make it bold, red and underlined, italicised and font size 1million to make sure they see it. Or you can add the prices to the title of each Component

The other option is to add three products to the catalog - 1 for each finish. then add the relevant colours to each one as attributes. You can then display all 3 products side by side on one page.

The quantity dependant pricing is something which you will need to set up separately - but there are lots of posts regarding that!

Comment

Working...
    X