IsStoreFrontPage variable is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IsStoreFrontPage variable is missing

Really pulling my hair out with endless crashes and application hangs and having to kill catalog.exe frequently today and the cherry on the top is...

I have an external design (used on all pages) on a site that is almost completed but I have coding errors related to the block statement around the metakeywords and the metadescriptions.

The block statement refers to IsStoreFrontPage in the expression but this variable is not in the site. I have created a new site with a basic design and the variable is there on that site.

Any ideas how I san get that variable in to the site I'm working on?

have an external design (used on all pages) on a site that is almost completed but I have coding errors related to the block statement around the metakeywords and the metadescriptions.
    This was a bug in 04 and was supposed to be fixed in 8.5 but I see it is still a problem

Comment

I thought as much - any workarounds?

Comment

Its to do with DW inserting a second set of meta data - i manually remove the second set

Comment

Yeah - I guess I'll have to do the same and simplify the block expression.

Comment

After simplifying (sometimes) I still get two coding errors - 'used out of context.. metakey... and metadesc...

Clicking on them (sometimes) crashes Catalog.exe. It then takes two or three tries to get Actinic to open the site. Not my most favourite day. Uploading anyway shows the correct metas. I guess I'll have to live with it.

Comment

The number of "out of context" errors is often a clue to their location .. number of fragments, products etc in that section relating to the error. Try deleting or removing something to see if it reduces the head count. You can then compare the layout details with the factory settings in the library to see if you can spot what is happening.

I have found when inserting new layouts and selectors into a specific layout some truncated code can also be entered into neighbouring layouts with no apparent rhyme nor reason. So if the code is specific to say the outer layout and it is also copied into a fragment layout you get the out of context error. This tended to happen more on v7 upgraded sites rather than a clean v8 site.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

To create the 'IsStoreFrontPage' condition, go to 'Design | Library | Conditions' and expand the 'Section' group. Right-click and select 'New Condition'. Give it a name and a prompt of 'IsStoreFrontPage' and use the following code for the condition...
                Code:
                <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == "Section" AND <actinic:variable name="SectionLevel" /> == 0

Comment

Great - many thanks Chris.

Comment

Working...
                  X