Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Optional Extras" within the pricing box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Optional Extras" within the pricing box?

I have happily ammended the v8.04 templates to generate optional extras in a controlled manner but now I want to add a little bit extra and I don't know how to control it.

I've enclosed a butchered version of my layout and its the bit in red that I want to add - it doesn't exist YET, thats what I'm trying to do.

immediately BELOW ALL of the traditional dropdown's, I have my optional extra being generated. I would like to be able to detect that I am JUSTBEFORE the FIRST optional extra and then insert the words "Optional Extras"

I'm happy to use customvars "ContainsOptionalExtras"=true for example or anything else, I just need to be able to detect when I'm at the END of the dropdowns and BEFORE the options.

Suggestions please
    Attached Files

Nothing has been attached Kevin.

Comment

I wanted to write just the word "bugger", but there's a minimum of 10 characters.
      - I've edited the original message and attached the image. Thanks Lee

Comment

If you put a couple of <br>'s after:

<actinic:variable name="ChoiceList" value="Drop Down Choice List" />

Then type the label and style it as you want, it seems to work for me. It is made awkward by the fact that it is all maintained within one table. The above seems to work though.

Comment

Lee.
          it works nicely when there is only ONE dropdown , but that assumes that you always have optional extras - the majority of products may? have one dropdown with occasional options - I'm trying to automate some of it, rather that rely on the user to change settings

in theory, the dropdowns come first (mandatory) and then come the options
          for instance, if I remove the "Optional Extras" prompts from my attached image, it looks as though the user is being asked to "please select the optional extras" rather than "choose the seat size, AND then any options"

somehow I'm trying to detect that I've listed the drop-downs and I've moved into the options and I'm at the FIRST options - again assuming that I've got all the "is-optional" entries after the dropdowns - again assuming that I have options

Like you say, the problem is that they are all in ONE table. - I've removed the tables, redone it in CSS but stumped when it comes to the "options" heading.

Comment

Kevin, i can't think of any other way to be honest. Whatever you try, it either buggers up in another layout or repeats and puts in wrong place. If you can't get a condition to check whether it is the first entry, i can't see how it could be done. That could be a sign of my inability to think outside of the box though.

Hopefully some scripting guru has an idea.

Comment

I was driving back from the supermarket and I had one of those eureka moments.
              Copy the "standard component layout" within the library, ammend it to add the words Optional Extras<br> just above the checkbox, and then go back into the product and simply change the layout to use the new customed layout.
              I could have added a true/false customVar but I don't think its worth it.

simple - 2 minutes work, the only drawback is that you have to manually choose the layout for the top optional item

I've been racking the brain trying to automate it in some way, but sometimes you just have to thing inside the actinic box.

thanks anyway Lee

Comment

Working...
              X