Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP Setting - Streamline

Hi,

I have been trying for days to get the email section working on my Ecatalogue site with no success, I have entered the appropriate settings into the smtp section as advised by my hosting company (streamline.net)...

You need to use the following settings:
    SMTP server: authsmtp.streamline.net
    SMTP username: your email address
    SMTP password: your password
    SMTP port: 25

Unfortunately when I operate the test option I am greeted with the following:

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
    server: passed
    connection: passed
    sockets: passed
    communications: failed
    authorisation: failed

At the moment Actinic are suggesting I sort it with streamline & streamline have said my SMTP settings work.

Not sure what to do next except move to another hosting company!

Any ideas appreciated.

Steve

Not 100% (but a search for streamline might bring up the answer), but if you do not have any username or password in, and smtp auth disabled, does it work if you place in

localhost

on its own as the smtp server and then proceed through the network configuration settings? Just an idea which works on many, but not sure if it does on them, so a further search might be needed to be certain.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately localhost gives me the same error. Worth a try though.

Cheers
      Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Just in case the network test results are incorrect, have you tried uploading the site and placing a test order to see if the emails are sent out?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Streamline

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the reply, I gave up on streamline when they suggested I search the internet for the solution to my problems. I have now moved to "4sure" who so far seem pretty good.

Thanks again
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X