Why is actinic ignoring my CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is actinic ignoring my CSS

I've hard coded my navigation menu. In the actinic.css I've added my link text style, however Actinic is ignoring this in favour of the main link size and colour. How can I get it to ignore this and follow my new css code?

I've used my own theme from DW.

Where have you included your new css styles in the actinic css file, top or bottom of the file?

Comment

Have you added your extra css from within Actinic (from the design tab)?

Comment

I've added it into the bottom of my actinic.css in DW.

When I view the site in the Design veiw in Actinic, I can see my style but not in Content mode and not in the preview.

Comment

I think you have modified the actinic.css file that was in DesignPreviewHTML folder. This will get replaced by Actinic. Try adding it to the end of the actinic.css file from within Actinic.

Normally when adding your own styles with an external design it is easier to use another css file and just add the link to it in your outer layout.

Comment

Will need to keep checking this but I've just been away from my computer for the past half hour, when I came back the link had updated. I am aware there are issues with refreshing but this is odd. I have created a seperate css (although have previously tried this) and applied the new css, nothing has changed as yet despite restarting Actinic but will see what happens in the morning. Thanks for the help...I may be back regarding this one!!!

Comment

It may be worth your while proof reading both your link and all your added css for errors.
              If you make a typo anywhere within your stylesheet, much or all of the styles within will simply be ignored (not just the one style that has the error in it)
              Check all styles definitions have start and end pairs { }, all lines end in ; and that your are using the correct style definition name relevant to the div you are trying to style.

Comment

Martin's advice is a good idea, there are free css validators available on the web too, which can help, especially with large files.

Comment

Working...
                X