Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transfer a v5 site to v8

Hello,

My client is upgrading to v8. The site was designed with v5. What would be the best way to do the switch (ie export v5 site structure and import to v8). I know the template system is not the same; but I just want to be able to recuperate the store's tree (sections, sub section, products...).

Thanks

If installing on the same machine, then install v8 and it will recognise the old installation and ask if you would like to upgrade it, which it will do without affecting the live v5 site. This will give you the structure in the easiest form, which you can then work on the theme choice and design side of things.

Other option is to create a snapshot of the v5, import it onto the separate machine that you installed the v8 on and away you go again.

Comment

General consensus seems to be if you upgrade to V7 first and then V8, you will have a smoother transition. Its certainly worth trying both options.

Comment

The easiest way from personal experience is instal 8 as a new installation.
        Then drop the V5 database into the new installation (simply copy it across from 5 to 8).
        V8 will then upgrade the database to the new structure.

Comment

oky, thanks, both of you

Comment

Working...
          X