Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freight charges

can anyone help please.

I am using the shiny new 8.5. I understand that there are more options with freight. We do not sell much overseas though I have now set up retaes for Europoe and USA. However when we get an order from say malaysia (which we just have) I would like the system to say "contact us for a quote". Because It is very difficult to get rates for such countries. At the moment it takes the default charge of £6.90 and applies that. (the actual postage for the item was £55)

Is that the best way to deal with this?

Can anyone advise please. This is getting expensive

Thanks

If you expect few orders from such places, i would either remove the option or take the time to include the costs. I would suggest that contact for a quote will lose 50% of sales anyway, so if you will get very few, they wouldn't be worth the hassle. When you say the actual cost was £55, how did you find this out? However, you did find it out, i would use that method to either fill out with the correct costs so it is automatic or remove the option personally.

Comment

There is an extensive shipping import available on the Actinic website which will set things up for most eventualities very quickly.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Th reason that I cannot put rates in for all these smaller coub=ntries is that I cannot get the rates off Fed Ex or similar. Rates vary so much due (they say ) to fuel charges!!!

What do other people do to work out a rate for singapore, Malaysia or Dubai?

I am happy to include rates if people can tell me where to get them. My goods vary in weigt from 500g to 5kg

Ruralweb - You also mention that actinic can impoprt rates from the main website. Can you tell where I can find that and how I can do it. Also does it include rates for overseas as well as UK.

Thanks very much

Comment

The only was we have managed this is to set up fairly high carriage charges in Actinic which will (hopefully) overestimate the carriage charge. We then have a statement that says if the actual charges are less we'll refund the card and if it's more we'll contact you for your instructions.

This way 95% of the overseas orders are processed as normal and all we have to do if refund the card for the overcharge.

Before we adopted this method we were spending a lot of time contacting overseas customers with quotations - most of which we never heard from again.

Richard

Comment

Actinic Shipping import files - http://www.actinicdownloads.com/shipping.htm

Comment

Thanks waggers I suppose I will have to go that road

Ruralweb,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the downloads don't work in ver 8.5

Comment

I believe the download was disabled Derek as they were causing sites to crash due to an inherent bug. Hopefully they are reintroduced shortly, maybe a phone call to support would get you a timescale or one of the mods can answer.

Comment

Unfortunately the downloads don't work in ver 8.5
                  I know - I found the bug last month. If you have V7 you can import them into a default site then upgrade the site to V8, export the shipping tables and use them in your new site.

Failing that chris was going to get them amended for 8.5

Comment

Working...
                  X