Hosting Unix/Windows server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting Unix/Windows server

I am looking to host a store alongside various other projects I am developing.

I understand that my v.8 store will require Perl and CGI scripts (Unix). My other projects are .Net projects that require ASP and SQL Server (Windows Server).

My preferred host is 1&1. I have tried talking to their support, but after a 20min wait for an overseas call centre and then speaking to somone with limited english, my question was not answered.

So is it possible to host the store on the same 3rd party sever as my other .net projects, or will I have to keep them seperate?

Martin

You can definately host Actinic on Windows machines, but invariably those hosting on Windows machines either need the help of others to get the configurations all correct or a host who is active and knowledgable with regards to Actinic to assist you, which is why many go the Linux route, but yes, it can be done and to be honest, just give it a try to start with as you already have the hosting with them, so nothing to lose really - although if the domain is not a .co.uk, then you might want to think about the geographic location of where the hosting servers are located if you want the site to appear in the UK search results of Google.

Comment

Working...
    X