Images not showing in Catalogue Pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images not showing in Catalogue Pages?

Probably a silly noob question (and I can RTFM if someone will show me where!)

When adding a new product the image is not shown correctly - if I edit an existing product (the default ones when you install) then it shows up - am I missing something really simple here?!

www.mezmerised.co.uk

TIA

Paul

Probably a silly noob question
    Not really - what version of V8 are you using as I am experiencing a similar problem with an upgraded site.

Comment

phew!

Just upgraded to 8.5

Site was put on back burner after a dispute - so not really had much time to look at it.

Comment

Interesting that your site is an upgrade as well. My thoughts are relating to another problem with 8.5 in that it is being very picky with html code. The images that are missing from my site are ones that were added at about the same time as each other into V7.

If I open an image in photoshop, resize it slightly and save it under a new file name then it works ok. However if you put the original image back then it does not display nor does an image from another product which displays ok when in another product.

Try and alter an image on your site and let me know what happens.

Comment

I think you may be onto something here - I halved the image size and it magically appeared (filename stayed the same)

Is there a limit to the size of the image?

Comment

Is there a limit to the size of the image
            No it looks like a bug.

Comment

When you browse for an image are all the images in the source folder showing - I suspect not. It looks like 8.5 is failing to recognise some image files following upgrade.

Comment

It will actually do me good to resize the images I think - shame there are 100+ items!

Now to sork out my SSL issues...

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                  When you browse for an image are all the images in the source folder showing - I suspect not. It looks like 8.5 is failing to recognise some image files following upgrade.
                  Yes they are - the only issues I have had seem to be where the images have been converted using pixconverter (bitmap to jpeg)

If I manually edit them (resize and change format to jpg) the file size drops down from 200k (as jpg) to 12k (also as jpg)

Comment

Working...
                  X