Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncated Error...

Hi.

I recently upgraded a client's actinic catalog from v7 to v8. Everything appears to be okay, but when I start up, two error boxes appear saying "Data Truncated Error" and then one that says "Error accessing database records. Try restarting the program. You may need to recover from a previous version of the databases."

As I said, I've done everything short of updating the site, and it appears to be okay. However, I am reluctant to give the computer back to the client with the error. Is there a problem? If so, how do I fix it?

Try restarting the program. You may need to recover from a previous version of the databases."
    Actinic is telling you what to do!

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention, I have tried restoring it from the multiple snapshots of v7's database, and restarting the program multiple times, and is still appears.

Comment

That means that one of the fields in your database is too big, the best way to resolve this issue is to raise a support issue with Actinic.

Another thing to try is to run our spellchecker as this program checks the length of fields (because spelling corrections can make them to big), if the offending field is in the catalog then it will tell you which one it is and you can correct it in the database (trial spellchecker will only correct section details, full one will correct everything). If it is in the setup tables or shipping details then the spellchecker will not find it. You can find a free trial for the spellchecker at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Cat...lth_Check.html

Is there any more information in the data truncated error, it sometimes gives a tablename as well, which is always useful.

Also try to compact and repair your database (there is an option for this in the spellchecker program as well).

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

i had exactly the same error yesterday with a v6 site going to 8.

I sat on the phone with support for a while whilst we tried all sorts of stuff, but the end result was I had to send the DB to support for them to compact, fix, repair etc etc etc.

I strongly advise you to do the same

Comment

Thanks Jan, it seems to have fixed it

Comment

Out of interest which field was it?

Comment

Originally posted by grant
                Thanks Jan, it seems to have fixed it
                Excellent.
                Which thing fixed it?

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X