Product description appended into "also bought"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product description appended into "also bought"

Based on a standard CSS product layout with layout modified using CSS for styling I am experiencing an issue whereby if the "also bought" and "also like" are left blank against a product the last few characters from the product description are showing in the position where the list would normally sit.

The text shown varies depending on what is in the description so not hard coded in error anywhere. It is only about 5 characters that show and always the end of the product description text.

Populating the lists removes the error. Setting CSS display:none; for the list styling also removes the error. Checking the layout for the product, description and the lists all look fine in terms of HTML and the layouts in use.

Any ideas how these last few characters from the product description are showing in the list area? Would make more "sense" if the complete text was duplicating.

Tested under IE6, IE7, FF, Opera and Netscape with the same results.

No live URL but source code shows the additional text on its own.. no <p> tags for example.

Any clues appreciated.

Jont

MS 8.5.0

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

New one on me - most of my V8 site designs are using these and Ive not seen this problem before.

Comment

No logical rhyme nor reason for it .. typical it is on one of my own sites that is being upgraded

Bikster

Comment

typical it is on one of my own sites that is being upgraded
        Wonder if its to do with our html conversion problem on 8.5

Comment

A default theme was added when importing the v7

Bikster

Comment

default theme was added
            I know I did that as well.