• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Discounts

I want to run 2 discounts on our site.

Discount A - spend over £x amount and get free Gift
    Discount B - Buy 3 of a particular product range and get cheapest free

Both of these are fine - however I am having problems getting them to work together.

Have set up 2 product groups -
    Group 1 for all products - excluding those in the Discount B offer
    Group 2 just for products applicable to the Discount B offer.

What I want is for customers to be able to take advantage of both offers.

Having read another thread it appears I have to set up a 3rd discount - spend over £x and get free product and apply this to Product Group 2.

This seems ok - however the messages are confusing when you add a product to the basket as you get 3 offer messages - when a customer adds a product for say £10 to the basket and 1 of the buy 3 products then the message they get is:

Get a Free Gift for orders over £25.00 product free by spending £3.25 more on Offer 1 products.
    and
    Get the cheapest Offer 2 product free by buying 2 more.
    and
    Get a Offer 2 product free to spend £22.45 more.

Is there anyway of doing this so the message only appears twice rather than the 3 times?

If anyone has a look the buy 3 get cheapest free is set up on Petstages cat and dog toys.

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Hi Kathy,

I'm not sure why you need to add 3 discounts when you only want two.

I've just added two discounts - 'buy 3 and get the cheapest free' and 'spend £5 and get a free product'. I then only get two messages in the cart and I can claim both discounts if I add the right products.

Is there anyway of doing this so the message only appears twice rather than the 3 times?
    It's appearing three times because you have three discounts. What is the problem you are having with only two discounts set up?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for that Tracey - problem that is arising is that if you add 3 products to the basket which qualify for the cheapest free it works fine - however what I would expect to see is if those products total £25 or more then to get a message saying Get Free gift or if under £25 a message saying Spend £x more and get free gift.

At the moment the offers are mutually exclusive and I want them to be inclusive so value of the 3 for 2 is used towards the spend £25 and get free gift.

That was reason I added a 3rd group which was spend £25 and get free gift and allocated it to the product group which contained products valid for the 3 for 2

Hope this makes sense - both offers are currently set up on website.

Thanks

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Hi Kathy,

I can see the problem now. I don't think it is possible to do what you want because the three discounts work independently. I will ask our development team for you but I think it would be a big change to perl scripts. What you really need is for a product to be a part of more than one group, however, this also throws up problems (which discount do you apply if you only want one discount to apply per order?)
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey - will have to have a rethink this end! However just looked at another thread
          http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=discounts

which seems to imply you can do this - just need to try and work out how!

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

Hi Kathy,

The development team have confirmed that this isn't possible at the moment. I have added your vote to the wishlist for a product to be included in more than one product group.

Looking at the other thread you mention, the first person's discount setup mentioned is slightly different to yours and I think the second person's setup should get the same problem as you are having (although he hasn't replied to say it works or not).
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X