Net Magazine (UK) - actinic catalog v8 - 25 products - free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Magazine (UK) - actinic catalog v8 - 25 products - free

Just come back from the shops, there's a cover CD disk on this months Net magazine, offering a FREE LITE version of actinic V8 CATALOG
    its restricted to 25 products, not a clue if there's an upgrade path, but if you want to "play", theres nothing cheaper (under a fiver)

having said that, if any does buy it, and start a shop, then it would be really good if they could point us to it and give us some feedback - my guess is that its "joe public" thats going to try rather than "serious punters"

for those people browsing, thinking, wondering - why not try it.

I also saw this in the .NET mag - worth almost £150 normally. I think the features are exactly the same as Catalog (v804) with the exception of a limitation of 25 products it also mentions some special upgrade offers.

Good pic of Chris D in the tutorial too

Comment

not allowed to actually stand there oggling at pictures of Chris - missus won't let me !
      Playboy (not Chris) - thats a different matter !

Comment

Do i take it, this is an easy way to get 8.5 cheaply?

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie
          not allowed to actually stand there oggling at pictures of Chris - missus won't let me !
          Playboy (not Chris) - thats a different matter !
          Oops - should've worded that better.

Comment

It is a really good way of getting the 25 product version of Actinic cheaply, however be warned, generally you can not upgrade these versions for free and they are not usually the latest release.

... on the plus side I think you get some free hosting as well , so if you are thinking of using Actinic this is a great way to try it out.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

My wife is starting a new business in Septmeber, this would be a cheap way to get some of her services on the web cheaply.

Beats paying full whack for the software especially as she will be offering only a dozen services.
              Jewellery247.co.uk
              AndrewBerry.com

W: http://www.WelshGoldOnline.co.uk
              W: http://www.jewellery247.co.uk
              W: http://www.AndrewBerry.com

Comment

go for it and let us know how you get on.

Comment

I seem to remember that earlier versions of the 'freebie lite' were not quite 'full' versions of actinic with a 25 product limit and couldn't exist on the same PC as an existing actinic installation.

If you already have actinic on your PC then check for any warnings before installing this lite version.

Mike

Hopefully actinic can let us know if there are any such limitations to using this version.
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Does any one installed this lite version yet. I do remember a few years ago that certain full price 'FREE' programs had to be registered within a couple of months otherwise you could not use them?

What are the restrictions on this Lite version?

Andrew
                    Jewellery247.co.uk
                    AndrewBerry.com

W: http://www.WelshGoldOnline.co.uk
                    W: http://www.jewellery247.co.uk
                    W: http://www.AndrewBerry.com

Comment

I don't know about the registration limitations but the related upgrade offers expire on the 29th of June.

Comment

This version will not be able to exist on a PC which has an existing version of Actinic v8 on it. The product is limited to a maximum of 25 products but will have all the other functionality of Catalog.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

This version will not be able to exist on a PC which has an existing version of Actinic v8 on it. The product is limited to a maximum of 25 products but will have all the other functionality of Catalog.
                          Thanks Bruce. I thought as much.

When you say 'limited to maximum of 25 products', is this 25 products and unlimited fragments or does each fragment count as one of the products? (as I believe was the case in earlier versions).

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike,

It is 25 products excluding Fragments, the issue with fragments being added to the number of products was fixed quite some time ago.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Not quite true - is is not upgadable so you are left with several bugs that existed in 8.4. If you try to import a snapshot from a pC running a later version you will be forced to upgrade and you will loose the LE25 licence and be forced to purchase the full version.

If you are prepared to stay with the same version then it will work but you will never be able to fix the bugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X