Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8.5 discount presentation text

Hi
    I have a strange and potentially costly problem. When I add text to the presentaion tab for a discount e.g. but this product and get £20 off
    the text appears on every product in that section- regardless of whether it is in the product group on offer or not.
    The discount is not being applied to all the products in the section (thankfully) just the text, but some one will claim they are due some money off because it clearly states on the website etc etc....

For now as a work around I have removed the presentation text in discounts and surcharges and added it to the discription of each product on offer which is a bit of a pain to say the least.

I am using version 8.5 upgraded from 8. I upgraded the site from 7 and this is the first time since the upgrade to 8 I have added new discounts. Using smart theme, with the addition on a java scrolling text script in one of the side boxes and a bit of html in the brochure page, but nothing - I think - that would affect the discount layout.
    Did a search for discount text, presentation text etc but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas??
    Located - Sunny Kent
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Most occasions of text being included globally are due to the text having been included into the layout (in the design tab). Any amendments in here are added to the layout template, so will always repeat.

Can you clarify what the "presentation" tab is?

Comment

Originally posted by mizz_s
      I am using version 8.5 upgraded from 8.
      That should be 8.5 from 8.4 from 8 - just in case thats importtant.
      The site was upgraded from 7 to 8.4
      Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Hi Lee
        thanks for replying
        the presentation tab is in Marketing>Discounts and surcharge settings> cart contents
        Within that section you have three tabs in order to set up your dicount or surcharge they are: general/restrictions/presentation
        in the presentation tab you can add a bit of promotional text that will display only with the product/s on offer. Once the offer is finished (or you disable the offer) it will automatically disappear on the next upload.
        Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Any chance of a URL Sally to have a look?

Comment

Sure www.thenailwarehouse.biz
            though you wont see an example of the problem as I removed the presentation text from all of the offers and added it to the discriptions manually.

I can set up an example if you like.

Perhaps I have done something to the code unwittingly
            Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

I would imagine that a condition which decides whether to fire the message or not, is not working correctly, however i am guessing somewhat. Either that or the text has been globally included into the layout by mistake.

The code from the naughty pages may be able to solve it, can we see that instead?

Comment

Well one of the pages that had the problem was this one
                Not sure quite which code you want to look at this is act_primary(upgraded).txt
                hope that helps
                thank you for looking
                Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

sorry pasted code into notepad doc and I can see it's added %'s all over the show - forgot that happens.
                  here is a resaved Act_Primary.txtopened in dream weaver & saved as a txt copy. Should be a bit better to read
                  Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

just for the record I've opened a support ticket - If I get a solution I'll post it here just in case anyone else gets the same issue.

Also it's worth mentioning that when I upgraded there were some discounts & offers already set up and they didn't cause a problem. Only new offers do the "weird thing"

p.s. Thanks for your help Lee
                    Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Just a quick update -

Have had a response from support who have found the cause of my problem. It's me

I made some product layout templates in v7 which were "upgraded" by the software when I installed v8.
                      Some of the products were still using my "special" layouts and they seemed to have confused the software somewhere as far as the promotions text is concerned!!
                      Good job I renamed my "special" layouts and kept the originals as they were. I now have to find the products using non standard layouts and change them.

Moral of this story - stick to the Actinic product layouts!!!
                      Thanks to G Green in Support
                      Located - Sunny Kent

Comment

Working...
                      X