User Defined Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Defined Variables

I wish to add a user defined variable for my products.
    In variables, under products I created a new variable called Author. I inserted this it in the layout code. I add this data field to my CSV file and the converted it to a hierachical file. It appears to have imported ok. But the text for author does not appear in the product.
    If I look under content in the general tab for each product, author appears listed under product next to product price and product price description, but box is blank. So I assume I have made an error in setting up the variable in the library. I have tried several permutations, but no success so far.
    I have attached the .txt file used to import the products.
    This is my first attempt at an Actinic web site, so I am still on a steep learning curve.
    Any advice, tips etc. would be appreciated.

Thank you

Christine
    Attached Files

It's not you - there is a known bug with V850 that it does not update variables on importing. Contact Actinic support - there is an updated executable that has been created as a work around for this issue until the next release is out. Ive been using this for some time now and can confirm that it solves the problem.

Comment

User Defined Variables

thanks - I will give it a try.

Christine

Comment

I can confirm that the updated file from Actinic will allow your import to work.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X