Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog details - Name Variable

Hi

On my V7 site in the "Act_Primary.html" template I had NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER to give me the section name. I have now substituted this for <actinic:variable name="SectionName" /> in V8.

This works as it did in V7 apart from on the following pages

Catalog Details (e.g the root catalog page) - on V7 it used to give me the details from the "Name" field, in my case Product Range
    Site Map - I used it to show the site map description as entered in View -> design options -> Navigation
    Search - I used it to show the search description as entered in View -> design options -> Navigation

Any ideas how I can get this back??

Version 8.5.0 Multi User

The variable to use is <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></title>

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for your reply. The only problem with using "<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" />" is that it puts the Company name from business settings in front of details I require. This didnt happen in V7

Regards

Comment

I'm afraid that you can't change what that variable does. You can create a custom variable (Design | Library | Varaibles) and then set it to appear at section level, you can then assign a value for this for all your sections so it says exactly what you want it to.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Try this thread....

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ght=page+title

Comment

Thats a much better solution, thanks Jo..

Regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

looking at the solution offered, this wont appear to work in this case as my oroginal post is about "<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />" not showing the "section name" when on the search page, catalog details page etc.

Basically I have a primary template for sections and in this it puts the section name as a header and on V7 used to put Catalog Details name and search and site map desciption in as well.

I will not be able to create a custom variable, as the pages I want to use it on are the top level page "Catalog details", site map page and search page. My general section pages are fine and work with "<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />".

I think my only solution is to have a seperate template for these pages and either put up with using "<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" />" or create a template for each and hard code the heading.

Any chance of having future updates of V8 work as V7 did and let "<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />" work like NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER used to. It seems a bit point ledd haveing a field for Catalog details name and then only being able to use it in the title, lumping it together with the company name!

Regards

Comment

I will pass this suggestion on to development for you.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

You could replace

<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" />

with
                  Code:
                  <actinic:block php="true">echo str_replace('Remove', '', '<actinic:variable name="PageTitle" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>
                  Where Remove is the code that you want deleted from the string. Look at your pages source code to get the exact text.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

There is a Bug with <actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /> not displaying anything in the checkout and search pages and will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Fixed?

Originally posted by Bruce
                      There is a Bug with <actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /> not displaying anything in the checkout and search pages and will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

Kind regards,
                      Is this fixed? Thanks...

Comment

Simon,

This was fixed for v8.5.1 ..

This is from the release notes:

- The cart/checkout/search etc. pages now have a page title that shows the company name. AC8-3058

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                        X