Uploading V8 Site over V7 Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading V8 Site over V7 Site

I've just finished building a V8 site from an imported V7 snapshot. I've tested everything out by uploading the site to a test server and everything works fine.

Are there any issues to consider when uploading the new V8 site for the first time? Is it ok to just do an Update or Refresh and expect the previous V7 site to be overwritten?

Also, when uploading for the first time does the site need to be uploaded from my client's PC or can I do it from mine?
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

I'd probably remove the v7 site first, just because I like to be tidy.

you can upload from your machine or your client's.

if you upload from yours the first upload from your clients will be a refresh as it will need to sync with the client PC, you may get merge errors.

Comment

Hi Jo,

Thanks for that. In the end I had to upload from my PC because my client was having so many problems uploading for some reason (continual FTP errors), although I didn't have the same problem.

The new site has now been uploaded. When I pass the snapshot back to the client will he need to click 'Refresh' or will clicking 'Update' just behave like a Refresh? Or doesn't it make any difference?

Thanks, Rob.

Comment

...also... does he need to do an upload from his machine before he can download orders?

Comment

When I pass the snapshot back to the client will he need to click 'Refresh' or will clicking 'Update' just behave like a Refresh? Or doesn't it make any difference?
          it doesn't matter, as Actinic will always sync to the Pc that is uploading

...also... does he need to do an upload from his machine before he can download orders?
          No necessarily. I think it depends on what options are set "Allow on this PC" etc

Comment

Working...
          X