Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Categories and sub categories

Hi all

I an new to actinic and I am currently redesigning an existing ecommerce website.

I am currently uploading lightbulbs where I have 8 main categories and within these categories are other sub categories.

My main section is called LIGHTBULBS and I have sections within these called Spiral, 3U, 2U, 3U Micro etc.

My categories that I want showing on my menu will be U SHAPE, 2U, 3U, 4U, SPIRAL, CANDLE, GLOBES, REFLECTOR, SL LAMPS, TRADITIONAL SHAPE and SUPER SPIRAL. When a user clicks on one of these main categories under Light Bulbs, for example SPIRAL, they then should see sub categories of Micro, Mini and Large. I have right clicked on my lightbulbs category and selected New Section or new sub section but when I upload the page it just shows online catalog and not any of my sub sections.

My problem is, or what I don't know is, that when I create a sub category page of, say, U SHAPE or SPIRAL for my different sub categories the page is blank. I believe you can have as many sub categories as you want, so what am I doing wrong?

The website is at http://212.106.97.187/index.html

Regards

Steve

Certain themes install a layout that only displays the top level sections .. in the design tab click on the layout inserting the code and check what other selectors are available to display the sub-sections. Depending on which theme you have in use the sub-section code may be <!-- commented out --> ... if so remove the comment tags to display.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sub Categories

Thanks for your reply

I am using the Smart theme but will need to customise it as per my brief from my boss. I couldn't find any commented out code in regard to the menus / categories but I take it that once I know my way around Actinic I will be able to customise it using Dreamweaver.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X