Shipping date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping date

Hi, is there any way to let the customer specify the shipping date of a order? Or at least can I add a free-text box in the ordering process so that the customer can fill the shipping date manually? If yes how do I do that?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the Community!!

You can do this by changing one of the User Definable fields in the checkout. In Actinic, go to 'Design | Text | Web Site(Cont) | Invoice Address', scroll down to the bottom and you should see 'User Definable', you can edit the text to say what you want it to, if you select the checkbox under 'Show' it will appear on the website, if you select 'Required' then a value will have to be entered for the checkout to proceed.

There are similar user definable fields on the 'General Information' tab in the same area.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks a lot that's very helpful. I have got another couple of questions:
      How do you add another "User Definable" item as I need two free textboxes in the Invoice Address area.

Can you use a textArea instead of a textField? I wish to change the Special Delivery Instructions Text Field to a Text Area. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks a million!

Comment

Please anyone can help? It's urgent...thanks a million.

Comment

You can convert any of the other boxes in there that you do not use at present, then if you edit 'Checkout Page 1' in actinic and look in the Invoice address fields, you can move around the individual line layouts like 'Invoice Fax' for example to appear after 'Invoice user Defined' by placing it under the mentioned layout. Apply changes to save and you should be able to preview your changes..

To change a text field to a textarea, change the <input type ="text" to <input Type="textarea". This will be within the specific layout.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks a lot, that's very very helpful. I do appreciate.

Comment

Working...
            X