Testing Also Bought & Related Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing Also Bought & Related Products

Against each product I have a <div> to display the Also Bought and Related Products along the lines of (truncated for ease of display) :

<div>
    RelatedList
    AlsoList
    </div>

Is there a conditional test available to remove the space the <div> occupies from the page flow if both lists are empty? The containing <div> introduces a background image that needs removing if both lists are empty.

Thanks.

MS 8.5.0

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Don't think so, or at least can't think of an easy way to do it. I would try putting the <div>'s in the List Layout Settings so they only show up if the lists have products in them. This will give you 2 <div>'s but perhaps with some cunning css you can get over this?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Hi Dave - tried that and alas does not achieve the effect - depending on where I place the <div> both lists have a background with a gap between OR due to the list layout a gap in the image is created between each item in the list.

I considered, albeit very quickly, cutting the background image in two and use negative margins on the top list to drag the 2 together but this is going to be a Royal pain between different browsers and would look odd if only 1 list is populated... hence the concept of testing if both are active and showing / removing accordingly. A nice "block if" would be lovely to get the effect required

Bikster

Comment

Sorted a temporary solution that may be of interest to others - not ideal but it works (very old school) ......

I placed a <br /> at the top of each list in the overall list setup to force some white space. The background image was modified to have the corresponding amount of white space at the top. When both of the lists are empty the <div> self collapses and only shows the white part of the background image ... when either list is populated the background image shows - albeit 1 line further south (which I can live with at the moment)

If anyone knows of a conditional test it would still be most welcomed

Bikster

Comment

Breaking my "wait a week before bumping" rule .. if anyone knows of a solution to test the lists are not empty it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Bikster

Comment

Hi Jont

You can do this with a condition of the following kind...
            Code:
            <actinic:variable name="ProductAlsoBoughtList" /> != "" AND <actinic:variable name="ProductRelatedProductsList" /> != ""

Comment

Cheers Chris - you stand tall amongst the meek (or is that geek?)

Bikster

Comment

Hopefully I am having a bad day ... but are the above variables actually layouts .. which you are not able to add to a block if?

Hoping it is just me and a lack of sleep

Bikster

Comment

Hi Jont

Those are indeed layout placeholders, and so you can't add them into the Condition editor via the 'Insert Variable' list, but you can copy and paste them straight in.

Basically, their 'value' is empty if they don't contain anything - so you can base the validation on that.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    you can't add them into the Condition editor via the 'Insert Variable' list, but you can copy and paste them straight in.
                    That's fantastic - always assumed you were limited to what was available via the insert variable option... but it makes sense that layouts are also able to be tested... opens up a whole new playground

What was the reason for leaving layouts from the condition list?

Bikster

Comment

The layout selectors will only work in conditions if they are going to insert a list - none of the other ones will actually work. I guess this is why they are not in the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X