X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 design problems from newbie

Guys,

Having a little trouble with the following:

1. Trying to get rid of the blue (top corner) which is showing through from the selected colour scheme.

2. Under the Cart Detals box, I would like to add a section simliar to a 'standard new products section/list' for customers to select and view by manufacturer.

I can't see where to place this after I have created a list based BestSellersList/BestSellerList Location, I only seem to have to option of Home Page and LeftNavigaionBar? Is the cart details sitting in a RightNavigationBar?

I would also like to know if it is possible for a customer to create an account without my intervention? It would appear that I can only do this after they have placed an order/filled in their personal details?

Any help would be most welcome.
    Attached Files

1. You will need to either play with the theme colours to match your logo or hard code the colour into the table that holds the logo.

2. You will nedd to add some text or image links to your manufacturer secions.

3.It is not possible for customers to create accounts.

All the above have been covered in previous posts so a little searching will give you more details if you need them

Comment

Thanks Malcolm,

Had a trawl throught he forum, but can't seem to find anything to help.

1. Do you know the name of the file (htm or css), with the table that holds the logo? I tried looking in DW but can't seem to find it. I tried changing the design in the Advanced Theme Options, but it changed every instance of the colour.

2. I have made a list ManufactureList, based upon the Best Seller List. The problem I have is placement. The only options I seem to have are 'sidebar' or 'homepage'. I am trying to place this under the ViewCart box (see attached jpg). Can this actually be done?

Many thanks
      Martin

Comment

Both questions can be answered - if you view the layout using design tab you can simply click on the logo/cart page to be taken to its underlying code.

Comment

I tried looking in DW but can't seem to find it
          as jo says these simple changes can be done in the design view.

Comment

Thanks guys all fixed..

However, I would like the New Products and Best Sellers on the Home Page. As soon as uncheck 'use as site home page' box ( i have my own external home page) the Best Sellers and New Products are removed from the page.

Is there a way around this? I have searched the forum, but can't see a solution to the problem.

Martin

Comment

Allow actinic to generate the home page, and add your external page content in as a fragment

Comment

Working...
              X