X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload times...anyway to improve

just a quick query
    as the site grows and i add more images
    is there anyway of telling it to only upload changes?
    it seems to take for ever each time i update the site?

or have i missed a tick box?

thanks again

Gareth
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

It only uploads changes and leaves anything that has not been amended. If you run marketing lists or have made some template changes, then each page can change and thus increase upload times. All depends on what you are changing.

Keep yr database compacted and purge all crap from the shop also.

Comment

iv edone a few changes today , ive never compacted it so mmmmmm one more job to do

ive purged all the junk as soon as i can and export my site just incase i break it

once ive done this update ill try the compact database
      does it really make that large a difference?

cheers again
      Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
      Current project:
      cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
      cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

Try it and see is the best answer to that. I've seen sites with 5-6k in products upload quickly, so there is no reason for it to be slow unless you have some problems or it has been affected in some way.

Upload times can be affected by a number of different factors, best to have the fundamental basics in place before any further investigation.

Comment

As Lee says the most likely culpret causing a site to need uploading completely all the time is the Best Sellers/New Products listings. There are ways to minimise this in the AUG.

Yhe other major factor of course is your ISP upload speed.

Comment

ive compacted tweaked and deleted everything i dont need, new products is down to 2 items, but want to remove the images and turn it into a list instead
            thats the next job on the list

the best sellers isnt there yet but i get your point

now im trying to find how to get say 3 products per page, so the customers dont have to wait an age for the images to load for them once ive spent all this time uploading them

or implment the idea you had on my other post, just need to figure out how to do it now

off i go on another trawl around the AUG and the help files

cheers chaps with people like you around i cant go far wrong,

Drinks are on me
            Current project:
            cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
            cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

If you're using the Advanced Guide patch that re-sizes your product images, then this may be the culprit. This patch re-creates the scaled-down images each time you do an update. Actinic will see a new date on these images and decide that they've changed. It would require a more sophisticated patch to avoid this.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ive stopped using that patch since i bought your multiproduct image patch

its still installed but ive nto got it turned on as far as i know
                ill check now

cheers people
                Current project:
                cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
                cheaplingerie4u.co.uk

Comment

customers dont have to wait an age for the images to load
                  Sounds like your images are not compressed enough - what file size are they as this will most certainly affect upload times.

Comment

Working...
                  X