Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Editing Templates, but not with Dreamweaver

Hi All

I was wondering if someone could help me. I am used to using Adobe GoLive to edit all my templates in Actinic Catalog 7, I find this an easy and simple way to do all the work I need to do.

I have recently been green lighted a project that requires me to use Actinic Catalog 8, but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to get at the templates I need to change, I want to get them out of Actinic and on to my Mac for Adobe GoLive editing. All I seem to find in help is editing with Dreamweaver on a PC, something I don't have and don't wish to do.

Can anyone tell me how I can get access to the templates so I may edit them in GoLive as I have always done?

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Cheers

Jordy

Jordy,

The only way I can see you doing this is to go into 'Design | Library' and copy the contents of the layouts you wish to edit to a program like notepad. Edit it to suite your needs and then copy the edited contents back and place in a renamed copy of the original layout. Long winded and complicated at best, but thats all I can suggest for the time being, the Design interface of choice is 'Dream Weaver' and so we have an integration for it.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Cheers for the reply, I don't have access to v8 at the minute, so I'll try this in a few days when I am back in the office.

I take there is no Template Manager in v8 like there is in v7? That's where I would find the templates I needed to edit, then simply take them over to GoLive on a Mac, Make my edits and bring the changes back again.
      Cheers

Jordy

P.S. I think is about time we saw Actinic on the Mac, I mean it's Intel based now after all (if that makes any difference).

Comment

I take there is no Template Manager in v8 like there is in v7? That's where I would find the templates I needed to edit,
        No there is no template manager and no templates so forget everything you did with V7 and start again. As Bruce says your only option with GoLive is to cut and paste code or bite the bullet and buy Dreamweaver.

Comment

Working...
        X