Actinic Business/Designer Running Very Very Slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images on NAS

My images are stored on a NAS device (A Terastation) which ensures I can access them from all machines - however this does bring network speed into the loop for file access as well as disc speed

I think i will look at increasing network speed - gigabit hub/switch maybe

thanks for the tip

Jane
    Jane

Comment

Why not try copying the images into your site folder/s and then see what difference it makes?
      I think that whatever the speed of your network it will still be Actinic accessing your NAS that caused the delay.
      Roll on MySql upgrade?

Comment

i hear that the asgard have invented time dilation fields.

if i speed up time inside my computer, it'll process immediately.

Comment

Try working under the "content" tab when adding product details etc and not under the "design" tab to achieve the same.

On a large section I have seen the times waiting to switch focus drop from 10 seconds (design tab) to 1 second (content tab)

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
            if i speed up time inside my computer, it'll process immediately.
            quantum computers ..... the holy grail for Actinic site owners ... but their subsequent downfall with instantaneous decyphering of prime encoded security

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Cracked It!!

Thanks to you all - I've cracked it

It was the image access - even when switching from content to design page - I've now copied all the images from my NAS box onto the same drive as the actinic install (for 1 site as a test) and for that site it runs at normal speed

I'm wondering if the 8.5.1 patch's ability to store site folders elsewhere will cause similar problems

Thanks again
              Jane
              Jane

Comment

Originally posted by janep
                Thanks to you all - I've cracked it

It was the image access - even when switching from content to design page - I've now copied all the images from my NAS box onto the same drive as the actinic install (for 1 site as a test) and for that site it runs at normal speed

I'm wondering if the 8.5.1 patch's ability to store site folders elsewhere will cause similar problems

Thanks again
                Jane
                I don't think the speed thing will be conquered until the Sql version and that will mean more expense!

Comment

Working...
                X