Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I list different size containers of same item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I list different size containers of same item?

I have been frustrated with this for years....just don't get it. We sell a lot of liquid products available in quarts, gallons and 5 gallon containers. I would like to have the item description and below that have it show Quart $1.00, Gallon $4.00, 5 Gallon $20.00 where you can put in the quantity you want by the size you want when ordering. It can even be where you put a check by the size you want before filling in the quantity. I have tried working with attributes, components and choices but can't figure it out. If you can help me, I appreciate it very much. Please be specific as I am not getting this aspect of Actinic.

The simplest way to do this is to copy the teapot or computer products from the default site in Actinic.

If you have deleted these base sample products then they are attached. Backup, then import them and copy the parts you want.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sounds Good But Have Questions

Hi,

I didn't delete anything that I know of. However, where do I find these products listed so I could import or copy one/

Where is the Actinic default site?

Jim

Comment

Where is the Actinic default site
        Its the demo site that is loaded when you first start actinic - normally people delete it before starting to build a site.

Comment

If you don't have a product called teapot or computer thne you must have deleted them. I attached the products for you in my post abov e- so you can import them back in if you removed them.

Comment

How do I leave.

Please let me know how to import your files so I do correctly. Do I go to "File", then "Import"? If so, what are the correct settings after this.

I really appreciate your help.

Jim

Comment

Make sure you backup first. This will upate any sections and products with the same names/references.

File - Import - Hierarchical Import - Browse where you extracted the import file - Update, Text Comma Delimited, Ansi

Comment

Getting There!

Okay, things are going good. I have an item listed with the choices below. Only problem I have now is that I have the product name at the top. The component name shows up below the description, then the product name again shows up above the choice box. The only one I would like to eliminate is the component name as it is in the middle of nowhere so to speak. Is there a layout choice for the component that doesn't show it's name?

Jim

Comment

Remove the HTML name field in the component.

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X