Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needing help...

Hey everybody.

I am a newbie to Actinic having just purchased Catalog v8 to launch our e-commerce arm of our business.

Typical newbie though, jumping in at the deep end and trying to upload a test version of my store to my website but am having trouble FTPing to my site. The error message appears saying that the Ftproot and webroot folders are not the same? Has anyone come across this before, I have looked through various threads and couldn't see anything hence why I am posting.

Am using 1&1 MS Business hosting and have also contacted support to see if they are able to do anything but any help here would be much appreciated.

Welcome - You would be better off choosing a linux package for Actinic unless you have another reason for wanting MS hosting.

There is also a dedicated forum for uploading issues.
    Meantime see this thread (for linux):
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=28934

Comment

Thanks for the response, Duncan.

I am running MS Hosting with 1&1, are the settings going to be different?

Can you also advise what I use these settings with? Are they for entering through Actinic Catalog somewhere, sorry if I seem a little uneducated?!

Comment

Peter the idea of our separate forum is to keep all network related problems in the same place. Not only for tidyness, but also for people like you who are stuck, on certain issues.

You mention that you've had a good look round the forum, yet you have managed to miss the specific forum for this subject and you have also missed the "New Users - Please Read This" thread which tells you about searching the forum and also gving your thread a meaningful title so it will help others who bother to search in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
          Peter the idea of our separate forum is to keep all network related problems in the same place. Not only for tidyness, but also for people like you who are stuck, on certain issues.

You mention that you've had a good look round the forum, yet you have managed to miss the specific forum for this subject and you have also missed the "New Users - Please Read This" thread which tells you about searching the forum and also gving your thread a meaningful title so it will help others who bother to search in the future.
          Apologies, I did have a good look round and had already read Duncan's post before (and passed over it as it was for Linux users - to which I am not). As for the new users thread and the topic title, I can only apologise and will endeavour to clarify my issue more clearly in future.

Comment

Seeing as this thread is already running...

I would make sure that 1and1 MSHosting supports Perl and CGI scripting.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
              Seeing as this thread is already running...

I would make sure that 1and1 MSHosting supports Perl and CGI scripting.
              Well it did when I signed up for it even though it doesn't say it does now as I knew I was going to be using Actinic and that my package had to be Perl and CGI compatible! Will have to double check with 1&1 support now...

Comment

Have you any other reason for wanting to use MSHosting? - if not then I would recommend changing to Linux. You will probably have noticed in the forum that many people have had endless problems trying to get MS hosting working. It could save you lots of headaches.

Comment

You will probably have noticed in the forum that many people have had endless problems trying to get MS hosting working. It could save you lots of headaches
                  I would take notice of what duncan is saying and save yourself alot of greef

Comment

Working...
                  X