Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dense Section Question

Doh!

After finally designing my productlist I thought it was time to start sorting out my section pages, but have discovered that there is no such thing as "sectionlist". I had thought that the way you design section pages would be exactly the same as product pages (using section images instead of product images etc).

So, after looking at sections for the first time, how do I loop through my sub sections (and only sub sections?).

Thanks,
    Paul.

Sections and products have their own layouts, this would always be the case as you have price and add to cart buttons etc. If you are talking about how you change it, then the layout tab on the section itself is what you are looking for, you can specify how many columns etc.

Comment

Ok, I see how I edit the actual layout (Section Link Layout", but it is only showing current section details rather than looping through the subsections and also, there is no 'Click Here to edit Layout Settings' at the top of the html.

I have this in my Main Product Area Layout html.

Code:
      <actinic:variable name="SectionLink" />
      Is that right? Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

For anyone who comes across this whilst searching.

Use: "SubSectionTopList" (or "SubSectionBottomList") in the section page. Within that variable you use "SectionList".

Thanks,
        Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulGrimshaw
          For anyone who comes across this whilst searching.

Use: "SubSectionTopList" (or "SubSectionBottomList") in the section page. Within that variable you use "SectionList".

Thanks,
          Paul.
          Not sure what you mean with this one Paul? Whats your code snippet look like in this instance for the cat layout?
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I use this just on my product pages. As I wrote my site from scratch (no theme) I lost quite a lot of basic stuff, like the way actinic processes sub sections (e.g. the bit where it shows sub sections for the user to choose from).

I finally discovered that I needed to use the SubSectionListTop combined with the Sectionlink to get what I needed.

Is this not how you do this?

Thanks,
            Paul.

p.s. just noticed I used SectionList on the other reply... should read SectionLink.

Comment

Ahhhhh IC

Yup, that will do it Paul.

Thanks for the clarification, sectionlist threw me

Best wishes
              Daren
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X