X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

direct product links

Hi,

I have a question about direct linking.

I know that you can link to products directly using the "acatalog/blah.html#a123" method, but how do you get the page filename or is this not how it works? If this is indeed possible, how do duplicates work? Do the filename for the main product get duplicated as well, or does it not work like that?

I have three duplicates for each product and I want to click on any of them and take it to the one product per page original.

I have done numerous attempts to search for this but all I can find is CGI methods. I don't want to go via the cgi if I can help it.

Thanks,
    Paul.

You can do it without cgi links but the only way is to name your product section pagename the same as the product name and then use some php in the product image layout.

This code will do it, just modify it to suit:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DuplicateIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3e%200" >
    <A HREF =<actinic:block php="true" >
    $sProdName = '<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductName" selectable="false" />';
    $sSpacerChar = '<actinic:variable name="SpacerChar" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />'; 
    $sProdName = str_replace (" ", $sSpacerChar, $sProdName); 
    echo $sProdName;
    </actinic:block>.html TARGET="_self">
    </actinic:block>
    You will need to create a site variable called SpacerChar and define it with the character you want to have in your pagename instead of any space in the product name.

You can see it action on this site

I detailed it in an earlier thread some time ago. A forum search should bring it up. (http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26576)

Comment

Thanks duncan,

Off to give this a go.

thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

Working...
      X