Cannot view products...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot view products...

Hi guys, for some reason I can view all the non-catalog pages on my site, but non of the products show, just blank pages.

I have the correct permissions set, 0777 for the Acatalog directory, and 0755 for the CGI-BIN directory.

Does anybody have any ideas?

https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com

Hi Mike,

Your product pages are there
    https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com/acatalog/Mounts.html

it's just that clicking on your left hand menu utilises the cgi scripts to redirect the browser. What is happening here is that there is no response via teh cgi scripts and/or nothing is being returned to the browser.

I would check your cgi script permissions and make sure that they are executing correctly by running a network test from your network setup screen in actinic.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks Fergus, this is the same problem that has happened previously and I thought was sorted.

The CGI Script permissions are all 0755, I assume this is correct. However running the network test brings up this error:

"The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with this

Comment

Post your network settings without username and passwords as well as the host and type (linux/windows) and package. Others may be using the same host and may be able to help.

You could also simplify things intially by testing on non-secure server space (ie not SSL).

Comment

We did this before and the normal website (inc cgi-bin scripts) appear to be working OK.

i.e http://framemebyrod.co.uk

OK. the view cart and checkout is a mess but that's a different issue.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ok Duncan, to begin with I'll explain this see if anyone can get their head around it:

I run a Network Test and receive the following error:

"Actinic received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

Followed by

"The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts."

So I go to Web |Configure Web Site Details, and do everything required there and it goes right through to the end uploading test scripts etc with absolutely no problems and gives the following details:

HTTP Proxy:direct
            FTP Proxy:direct
            FTP Server:ftp.ssl-01.com
            User: ********
            Password:********
            Using passive FTP transfers.
            Path to the CGI-BIN Directory:/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/
            Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the Catalog Directory:../acatalog/
            Catalog URL:https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com/acatalog/
            Codebase:./
            CGI-BIN URL:https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com/cgi-bin/
            Perl Location:/usr/bin/perl
            CGI Script Extension:.pl
            Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the Catalog Directory (as viewed from the CGI Script):../acatalog/
            CGI Script ID:1

What I will do now is ignore the SSL, and try testing my site. I am using Streamline Hosting on a Linux Server. Will get back to you with the Network Settings once I've tested on a non-secure server.

Thanks for the help so far, if this post has bought anything to light, please speak up

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
              We did this before and the normal website (inc cgi-bin scripts) appear to be working OK.

i.e http://framemebyrod.co.uk

OK. the view cart and checkout is a mess but that's a different issue.

Mike

That's true, I'm afraid i've such a short memory But yes thanks Olderscot. There you go Duncan, as you can see it works fine on a non-secure server.

Comment

Streamline Linux Network Settings as requested, although as I've stated it works fine on a non-secure server, and I can FTP to the secure one etc so the FTP details are definitely correct.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
                HTTPPROXYADDRESS
                HTTPPROXYPORT 0
                HTTPPROXYUSER
                HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
                FTPPROXYMODE 0
                FTPPROXYADDRESS
                FTPPROXYPORT 0
                FTPPROXYUSER
                FTPPROXYPASSWORD
                SCRIPTID 1
                SCRIPTEXT .pl
                SMTPHOST smtp.framemebyrod.co.uk
                WEBSITEURL https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com/
                IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
                USERELATIVECGIURLS false
                PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
                USEENHANCEFTP true
                FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
                FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
                FTPSILENT false
                FTPMAXRETRIES 3
                FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
                SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
                SMTPUSERNAME
                SMTPPASSWORD
                SSLCATALOGURL https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com/acatalog/
                SSLCGIBINURL https://framemebyrod.ssl-01.com/cgi-bin/
                SSLPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
                SSLCODEBASE ./
                SSLFTPHOST ftp.ssl-01.com
                SSLFTPUSERNAME ********
                SSLFTPPASSWORD ********
                SSLPATHTOCGIBIN /user/htdocs/cgi-bin/
                SSLUSEPASSIVEFTP false

Comment

Always use the www. version of a domain name in your settings, would be my first tip.

Comment

Streamline have been in touch suggesting that I get in touch with a Professional Web Developer.....however, believe it or not, ever since their response, the secure site is working 100%....hmmm, coincidence I think!

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed its sorted now.

Comment

Sorry Lee, out of interest, what is the benefit of using the www. all the time? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes down to it :-)

Comment

mydomain.co.uk

is seen as a completely different domain to:

www.mydomain.co.uk

in fact Google will spider both independently. Therefore it is wise to always use the www. version in everything, redirect all non www. requests to the www. version and also specify to Google which domain you want it to spider, available in webmaster tools.

Best practice basically, especially in network settings as a number of problems can arise, especially with SSL if my memory serves me correctly.

Comment

OMG Mr. Hack! you have a KITTEN on your page. thats

*breathless*

magic.

Comment

OMG Mr. Hack! you have a KITTEN on your page.
                            What you can't see is the "Dr Evil" hand stroking it's back whilst swivelling on the chair!
                            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I'm not that evil Fergus!

Comment

Working...
                              X