Code Snippets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code Snippets

I use a lot of the same code all over the place and I normally create a layout type and then a layout and finally a selector (no choice). My html goes in there. I can then use that layout in my code where need be.

Is this really the best way of doing that? Is there a simple way of just having a html variable or do I have to go through the process above just to save time later?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Paul,

I guess that is the best way to do it if you are looking at using the layout repeatedly. You can also create a custom variable and then use that in the layout code, this will give you the advantage of being able to edit the value of the variable on product level depending on what you want displayed.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Or you could put it in a file and just put "include:filename" where you want it. Actinic will then replace the 'include' with the file contents. It's very handy for navigational elements if you have multiple templates (in V6/V7 terminology).

Mike

edit: Does this still work with V8 ?
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

edit: Does this still work with V8 ?
        The NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE doesn't work any more, but you can just create a whole range of layouts in the library and include those with 'Layout Selectors' (as Paul is doing) or else you can create user-definable variables with a type of 'File Content' who will include the content of a text file into the design where you want it to appear.

Comment

Working...
        X