Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Custom Buttons...

Hi everyone...!

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to integrate custom buttons to my site. I have made some buttons in flash 8 that I would love to use on my site.

I am not brilliant with the Actinic and have just about managed to get my site running and operational. I'm hoping to pick some of you genius' brains on here to get it looking a bit better, and this is step one

Thanks Very Much......!

Luke

A lot depends on what your current site is using. It can be either CSS or graphic buttons. If using graphic buttons, then it's a case of changing these for your new filenames, however using flash is a bit of a pain in the ass and generally id advise anyone inexperienced to stear clear of them. That depends somewhat on your ability though, only you can decide on that.

You could create your own external layout for your site using dreamweaver, using things however you would like them to. You then register this design with actinic as a template and it cascades across your site then. A lot depends on your ability, to start with i would always recommend keeping things standard and simple.

You are often better to try and do something, cock it up and then show us. As specific instructions and guidelines can be like the blind leading the blind.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Lee...

What you put about using Dreamweaver initially to design the site layout is interesting as I can put together a half decent looking site in Dreamweaver. I don't know it well enough to do what you mentioned though. Can you point me in the right direction to learn how to do the afore mentioned? Maybe some sort of tutorial...?

Thanks again mate...

Comment

If you can put a decent layout together in dreamweaver already, you are halfway there, that pretty much assures you a better look than the actinic templates . As for books, i can't recommend any to be honest. Years ago when i first saw dreamweaver, i started fumbling around with it (like a 14 year old at the back of the picture house) and just taught myself.

Martin is your best man to recommend a book, he hasn't plugged one for a few weeks.

MARTIN, come forth and plug that book you are always on about.

A dreamweaver book would be good as the actual registering of a design with actinic, could be done by a monkey, so its just dreamweaver (html) and css you want to learn. For CSS i started with some online video tutorials.

Comment

Thanks very much for that...

...I'll no doubt be speakin to you again at some point ...

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by lukesb
            Thanks very much for that...

...I'll no doubt be speakin to you again at some point

Luke
            Don't pick on me, there's loads of us

Comment

yes, pick on him, because as he said, there's loads of us

the problem with using buttons, that are images, is that actinic expects the buttons (well, some of them) to be 'submit' buttons.

this issue was investigated in the knowledge base (link at the top right of this page). it invloves a little perl jiggery pokery.

remember to back up/snapshot before you go fiddlin'

Comment

Working...
              X