Help! Need to add a one-off callout charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need to add a one-off callout charge

I'm building a shop selling Fire Protection Equipment. Some of the products, for example fire extinguishers, have an "installation" optional component applied to them. If a user buys one of these products and chooses the installation component, I need to also add a one-off callout charge, that will be added to the cart contents. The installation cost from the component is also sent to the cart, and this cost varies between products.
    The quantity of the callout charge will always be one, regardless of the numbers of products bought that require installation.

I have had Actinic support look at this, and they have told me there isn't a way that this can be done, but that posting on here might get a result - any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. However, this will add multiple instances of the callout charge, when I want to add only one when a buyer chooses any product with at least one installation charge. The installation and callout charges are separate.

I have tried the approach above, and then looked to create a surcharge based on the cart contents: by adding all the installation charge products to a product group, then applying a surcharge to this group with only one allowed per order, but it appears that this only works for discounts, not surcharges?

Thanks,
    Rob

Comment

You can use the discounting features to add surcharges as well, so create a product group for all of the products that attract this charge, set the surcharge to say £50 and set the option that only allows one special offer per order, then they will get a single surcharge of £50 if they add one or more of the products into their basket.

You will not be able to use any other content discounts or surcharges though.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X