Adding subsections to the section list menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding subsections to the section list menu

I'm very new to Actinic but very excited to finally have a good skeleton for my website after years of waiting other people to design one for me....

I'm using the executive theme in V8 and I would like to be able to have the subsections also displayed in the section list menu on the left hand side of the site. Is there any way to do this other than buying the Collapso menu?

Any help for a novice appreciated

Hi

To include sub-sections in the section list, you will need to use one of the work-arounds given in the Advanced Users Guide under the section : Including Sections Lists with Javascript. If you do not have this document, you can download it from here.

Hope this helps.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi, I am trying to do this too, but when it says in the instructions:

'And then insert the following code in the main body of the page where you want the list to appear.

<script language=Javascript1.1>document.write(SectionList(section_tree))
      </script>'

I have tried putting this in the site map section link instead of the current code - but then I get no navigation at all. HELP!!! - This used to be so much easier when I could just open the Act_Primary
      Jane Davies
      www.asplash.com

Comment

Hi Jane

This bit of script needs to go into the Overall Layout, which would be titled "Works best with...".

For instance if you are using the Executive theme, you can insert the code around the same place where the "Top Level Section List with Horizontal Dividers" was initially placed.

Hope this helps.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X